Wednesday, May 21, 2014

A Morning Cup of Tea

Something that I just can't live without is a morning cup of tea. Whether hot or cold it is one of the best parts of my morning. A great way to start the day off with a great energy, don't get me wrong I love coffee but because of the somewhat not so great things that coffee does to your body. I try to keep it for special treats! I've found that just like coffee is an acquired taste so is tea, learn to enjoy it and you will soon have a much healthier option. That still meets the comfort need that we so often look to coffee for!


 Some of my favorite teas are green, peach, mango & passion fruit, pomegranate, chai and oolong tea. I know we have all heard the great benefits of drinking green tea so I'm not going to tell you that again but I have really notice an improvement in my skin when I drink it on a regular bases. As far as all the fruit teas I love the flavor and its a great way to stay hydrated if you like a little extra health benefit I sometimes add like a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to it and a little stevia extract. Chai is just amazing, this is probably my favorite tea of the moment. Finally, is oolong which is a tea you may not have heard of, to be honest its like of new to me as well. It is a Chinese tea that has many of the same benefits as green tea, contains about 1/4 of the caffeine as a cup of coffee (natural energy boost) and burns about 67 calories a cup (just an added bonus). So really enjoy your morning cup of tea and let me know what your favorite tea is in the comments. I'm always looking for new teas! 

Have a great day and a cup of tea


Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment