Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Dealing with Criticism

   Criticism is something we all have to deal with at some point in our life but something that I have found and to be perfectly honest wasn't expecting is criticism for eating healthy!

   When I chose to start eating more healthy foods and less unhealthy ones, I was thinking can I do this? will I have self-control? but I was not thinking that one of the hardest things to deal with would be criticism of what or how I eat! So I was completely taken by surprise and at first didn't really even know how to respond. I was feeling great, making good choice and that was reflected in more energy, weight loss, looking and feeling better overall and suddenly I was being attacked for making good choices and worse of all it was by some of the closes people in my life, the people I expected would build me up not tare me down.
   What I have come to learn and has really helped me with any negative words whether it is about your eating habits, exercise or anything that you chose is best for you is that if you truly believe that this is what is right and good for you than it really doesn't matter what others say or think. But sometimes its hard to ignore or just move on so here are some ways that I try to deal with it!

   1.) Focus on the positive feedback this can be really hard when you hear a lot of negative things but usually their are positive people and listen to what they say!
   2.) If its someone you know well and love you might want to talk to them about it. Address their concerns and explain why you are doing what you are doing. You might even change their habits, who knows? But if they really care about you and your feeling this should be enough to stop negative comments.
   3.) A soft answer turns away anger. This is one to live by saying kind words back is the best possible way to shut a unkind mouth.
    I hope this was help and useful to you, I like to share what I have personally been struggling with and hopefully you can benefit from it! Thank you for reading I would love to know how you deal with negative people and words! If you like this kind of post let me know in the comments!
    

No comments:

Post a Comment