Friday, April 18, 2014

Emotional Eating

Emotional eating is something that I have always heard about and I guess I didn't really know what it meant. I recently did a little more research and I wanted to share what I learned. So here goes!
Healthy food after workout
 What is emotional eating? I always thought that emotional eating was eating a lot when you felt sad or depressed. Well, that is one kind of emotional eating but the fact is that the most common type of emotional eating is not that at all. Eating because you feel "like having a burger" that is emotional eating. Its eating according to how you feel and not what your body needs. Your body is not craving junk, in fact it really hates it when you eat junk. Your body only craves what nutrients it needs.
 Why is it harmful? When eating based on emotion we often or almost always make a healthy choices leaving are body craving nutrients and not able to function properly.
Eating healthy <3
 Are you an emotional eater? Probably, I know I have been and sometimes still fall into that path when I'm not eating consciously. Which brings me to the next part....
 How to stop emotional eating? The best way to stop anything is to replace it with something better. Which is exactly how you need to stop emotional eating by eating consciously. Which means thinking about what your body needs, good nutrition like healthy carbs(e.i. fruit, whole grains like oats, rice and quinoa) protein( lean protein like whey, chicken, fish or turkey) and healthy fats( coconut oil and even butter in small amounts) these are just a few examples if you want more nutrition post let me know in the comments and I will be sure to do them.
Healthy food

  If you have any question just leave them below, I read all the comments and would love to share what I know. Follow this blog for more healthy tips, nutrition info and motivation!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment