Wednesday, April 9, 2014

How to Make the Most of your Run?

 When I started running I knew little to nothing about running form, eating, hydrating properly, shoe, etc. but I started and I'm so glad I did because I would not be were I am today if I hadn't taken that first step! So today I thought I would talk about some ways you can improve your run whether you have been running for awhile or just starting we can always improve, learn and grow! Here are some things I've learned along the way, I hope you find it help.
 Rachael!!! @Rachael RACHAEL!!!!!! You should take a pic like this since you have so many nikes ;) RaChAeL! I Love You RaChAeL MarRY ME!!
1.) Stretching is probably the most important thing especially in your cool down. This helps build your muscle lean, toned and defined! It will also help prevent injury, just be careful not to over stretch your muscle it should never be painful.
2.) Something that will help you burn more calories from your run is a warm up and cool down. You actually burn a lot of calories during your cool down and it helps your body continue to burn calorie and keep a higher metabolism through out the day.
3.) Refuel with a healthy breakfast and don't forget you need protein within 20 minutes after your workout to prevent muscle tissue breakdown. I really love having smoothies with whey protein powder.
Beautiful Pictures Of Healthy Food
4.) This is for the mental part of running and don't underestimate what positive self-talk can do. I was reading a book about athletes and how they use positive talk to enhance their performance. It really does make a big difference to tell yourself that you can and not think about stopping or that you can't. Basically, don't allow negative thoughts, don't dwell on that stuff. Think about being strong, going further and tell yourself you can. One of my favorite quotes of all time is
"If you think you can or you think you can't, you are right."  
desire
 
I hope this was informative and helpful. Let me know what you do to improve your run/workout? Don't forget to follow this blog for more posts on health, fitness and lifestyle.
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment