Monday, April 14, 2014

Iced Vanilla Chai Latte

Lately, I've really been into making special drinks (so look for some up coming recipes) and this is a recipe I have been obsessed with because the weather is warmer and so I turn to iced drinks a lot more. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
Homemade Chai Concentrate and Iced Chai Lattes...this chai recipe is too light if you want chai tea right away, it needs to steep for a long time to get the concentrated chai flavour so I suggest using this recipe strictly as a chai concentrate
Just for fun I thought I would compare it to a Starbucks Latte for so here is the run down:
 This is the lowest calorie option with non-fat milk.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving (24 fl oz)
Calories 300
Calories from Fat 5
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g
0%
Saturated Fat 0g
0%
Trans Fat 0g
 
Cholesterol 5mg
2%
Sodium 140mg
6%
Total Carbohydrate 65g
22%
Dietary Fiber 0g
0%
Sugars 62g
 
Protein 11g

Now for my recipe:
 Calories 7.5
Fat 0.5g
Protein 0.25g
Sugar 0
 
as you can see there is quite a difference in the nutrition and did I mention that my recipe makes about a cup more than the Starbucks one, now you see why I'm so obsessed.  
Iced Vanilla Chai Latte
Ok, take one quart jar fill about 1/4 full of ice and add 1/4 cup almond milk. Than fill the rest with Vanilla Chai Tea ( I used Stash). Add Stevia to taste and enjoy. Its that easy!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment