Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Spring into Fitness: Healthy Snacks

   Snacking is one of those things that is so debated is it good or bad. Some people say you should eat every 3 hours and others say you should never snack between meals. I think and truly believe that you need to listen to your body, is it hungry then by all means give it healthy, nourishing food. But don't just eat food because your bored or sad or whatever! Tune into what your body needs, food is fuel don't abuse it.



  For me I try to eat smaller meals and one snack in the afternoon which is usually under 100 calories. I try to keep it really light. But I don't eat it if say I had a bigger lunch and I'm not really hungry, I mean what's the point!
  Here are few healthy snack idea that I love and use all the time, they are low carb, calorie and gluten & sugar free.


   Power Smoothie
I eat this if I'm really hungry and want to fill up. This is also higher in calories and more like a little meal.
- 1/2-3/4 cup berries
- 1/2 water
- 1/2 unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop whey or rice protein powered
- leaf of kale or a half of a handful of spinach
   blend well and enjoy!
"Just Like Sonic" Light Strawberry Lemon Slush
 This taste just like Sonic's Strawberry Lemon Slush but instead of 450 calories it about 50 calories! It is so yummy and refreshing.
  - 1/2 cup water ( add more if its to thick )
  - 6 frozen strawberries
  - 1/2 lemon peeled
  - 1 lemon juiced
  - truvia to taste
  blend until it is a slushy and mixed well. This is perfect for a sweet summer treat.
Skinny Vanilla Chai Latte
 I love Chai latte and this is how to make it under 50 calories.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 1/2 cup vanilla chai tea
- dash of vanilla
- truvia to taste
shake in a jar with a lid or blend in a blender till mixed well.
Skinny Chocolate Chai Latte
 I personally love the vanilla version but its fun to change it up a little and try something new. Chocolate why not.
 - 1 1/2 cup of Chai Tea
 - 1/2 unsweetened almond milk
 - 2 tbsp. unsweetened coco powered
 - truvia to taste
blend really well and you can add ice for a frappe style.

 If you have any requests of recipes for thing you would like me to make healthy and cut the calories on. I would love to hear them just leave a comment below and follow this blog! Have an amazing day.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment