Saturday, March 8, 2014

Spring into Fitness: My Organic Life

  I love organic, fresh, raw foods. It really makes you feel like you are nourishing and taking care of yourself. But lets be realistic its expensive to eat fresh all the time and believe I don't. But I truly believe in the benefits of organic eating so here are my tips on making it a lifestyle.
 
 
 Don't stress about it, I'm defiantly a purist. I want everything I eat to be healthy and it is very hard for me to "cheat" or eating anything I know is not good for me. This is a blessing and a curse because I really have to make sure that I don't get to strict and indulge a little( I must say I still usually keep my indulgences small or healthy)
 How to save money. Here is why I think a lot of people don't eat fresh and organic is not that they don't want to but its expensive. I'm very blessed to live in California were we have a lot of fresh fruits and veggies( but I still don't eat that way all the time). But sometime its compromise canned or frozen produce is much better than package or process foods like chips, bread and sugar! Sometime you just have to choose the better not the best, what is doable for you?


Life is about a balance. Sometimes you just can't do everything. I have really found that when I eat fresh, organic food I have more energy, feel happier and so much healthy!
One last thought to leave you with is that sugar or most of it is not organic. For about the past two months I have tried cutting out sugar from my diet. Wow. I never thought it would change how much energy I have and I didn't really even eat that much sugar before( now that not to say that I haven't eaten any sugar but for the most part). There was a day when I never thought I could cut out sugar because I do really enjoy sweet things. who doesn't? Right! But then I discovered something that change my life "stevia" or "truvia" this is a all natural sweetener that doesn't raise your blood sugar like that processed stuff. I use the liquid stuff in my tea and coffee(amazing) and if your looking for recipes on how to make healthy and sweet treats with this amazing planet yes, its a planet check out my pinterest board.  Many of these recipes I have personally tried and love. I will also be posting more recipes so follow this blog to get the updates, it's free!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment