Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Spring into Fitness: Running

 I love to run, it a kind a addiction that has some interesting side effects like...health, being fit, burning calories, getting energy, sweating, feeling amazing and unlimited awesomeness! So anyway, I love it and my favorite time of year to run has got to be spring, the fresh air, being outside and just the really great temperature. If you have never tried running or maybe want to start up again or just need some helpful tips here are my top tips for running in spring.
Nike Free Runs for Women
1. Smoothies. I'm not sure I would run if I didn't have smoothies to be honest half my run is spent thinking about the smoothie I'm going to make when I get home. Smoothies are a must post-run food because it is the best way I've found to get protein, carbs and water back into my body as fast as possible. Did you know that after an intense workout if you do not get protein within 20 minutes your body start to break down muscle tissue? Yea, I know it doesn't give you much time, besides smoothies are like the best thing ever. Yumminess!
  2. Green Tea. I love my coffee but when it comes to running this is the real dealt I have running day where I do not drink coffee in the morning instead I power up with green tea. Try not to drink coffee on running days you will get plenty of energy from the exercise, carbs in the fruit and green tea to keep you going and the caffeine is just not that great for you!

  3. Water. I know we all know it but I never want to stop reminding you that water is the most important thing you put in your body. Nutrition starts with water! You should be drinking half your body weight in ounces this is key to refueling after a run.
  4. Stretch. This is probably were I see the most difference when I stretch before and after a run, I feel amazing, energized and balance! It also helps to shape your muscles into long, lean and toned muscle!
5. Go further. even if its just a little bit further than where you went yesterday, go! you will be amazed at how it adds up. Always be improving! Hope you found this helpful, leave me your top tip for running in the comments, I would love to hear what works for you! Have a beautiful day and stay fit girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment